Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Oklahoma

expunged record

I was arrested for hot checks about 27 - 28 years ago. I made restitution and my record was supposed to be expunged (erased). There have been no other charges or arrests since then. I do not remember the attorneys name or any case numbers. Is there a way I can check to see if this was expunded?

Asked on 11/13/03, 6:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

Re: expunged record

Go to the County Court Clerk's Office and tell them the year and, if you can, month. You will have to search the books because it won't likely be on the computer. Search the books, find the case number, look at the docket sheet and then see if it was expunged. Only some convictions are eligible to be expunged. You should be able to all this yourself. Good luck. As a side note, convictions that old don't show up on normal records searches but the arrest may show up on NCIC. I wouldn't hesistate to disclose the charge and that you paid restitution, etc. I am aware of individuals with security clearances with much more troublesome blots on their background than yourself. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/03, 4:12 pm
Harvey Harris Harris Law Firm

Re: expunged record

You should be able to find that out. An attorney could do it for you. You may be able to find out yourself but not sure how to tell you to go about it. If you have a reason to need this, such as a job background check, you should be able to find out.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/03, 2:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Oklahoma