Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

My mother has returned full custody of my children to me, subject to reasonable visitation. We were forced to move out of state due to a family emergency and have lived in the new state 6mths. Does she have any rights to file any actions regarding visitation modification in her state at this point?

Asked on 2/15/14, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law

Your question is a bit confusing.... You wrote "My Mother" I am assuming there was a guardianshup case that granted the custody to your mother??? If so, I am confused about her "rights of visitation" unless there is a specific court order granting her grandparent visitation she would haveno rights of visitation. To answer your question, the children would have to reside in a new state for six (6) months for the new state to become to home state of the children. If that has happened she would have to file any court actions in the home state of the children. Good Luck, Bob

Read more
Answered on 2/17/14, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma