Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

Transferring a divorce decree to another county

Do both parties have to consent to have a divorce decree transferred to a different county when it involves child support and visitation?

Asked on 8/05/08, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

Re: Transferring a divorce decree to another county

They have to consent unless the child has resided in another county, or state, for six months and there is good cause to transfer. There are many variables that impact the transfer of a custody matte; I would suggest that you contact an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the original order was filed for detailed advice.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/08, 5:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma