Legal Question in Personal Injury in Oklahoma

I bought a car from a man who buys cars from auctions, fixes them up, and sells them. I paid 1400 dollars for the car and he gave me some paperwork and told me to go to the tag agency and everything would be taken care of. I got to the tag agency and the man I bought the car from had never registered the vehicle before selling it to me. So after 3 months, and my insurance getting cancled, I finally tracked him down and he paid to have the car registered and the tag agency mailed the title of the car to him. 3 more months have gone by and I can not get him to give me the title to the car. The car broke down 2 miles away from my house and got towed. Now he has the car and won't give me my money back. Now he is just going to re-sale the car like I never bought it at all. I still have to bill of sale and I was wondering what my options were legally, Thank You!


Asked on 5/18/10, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kurt Kennedy Kurt M. Kennedy,Attorney at Law

Sounds like you will just need to sue the man for breach of contract. You can do this in Smalls Claims Court if you wish, or District Court. If you are going to handle this yourself, proceed in Small Claims court.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 7:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Oklahoma