Legal Question in Personal Injury in Oklahoma

Injury in car wreck

Can an insurance company representing the driver in a once car accident force the injured passenger to sign a statement that he will not bring a civil suit if the insurance payment does not cover his medical costs?

Asked on 5/29/09, 5:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Allison Allison Legal, LLC

Re: Injury in car wreck

The insurer can not "force" the passenger to sign anything. Even a single car accident can get legally complicated. The passenger may have some coverage independent of the driver/owner, there may be facts providing an avenue to other provisions of an insurance policy, and there are many Oklahoma laws benefitting the parties which, if not known, may not be volunteered by the insurer. I would suggest considering getting an attorney before signing anything.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/09, 6:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Oklahoma