Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Oregon

I would like to purchase a house from my grandmother with a lease to buy option. My grandfather passed away a year ago and severed joint tenencie 50% of the property is my grandmother's and the other 50% is divided 8 shares my mom 8 shares my uncle 1 share for each of the 4 grandchildren which is in a trust under my grandmothers name but cant be touched till she passes. There is a trustee for the trust who is not a family member. My mother had everyone sign a paper stating we had no interest in our portion of the 50% so my grandmother could get the house 100% in her name but so far that hasn't worked. The real property is located in san mateo ca and my grandmother would like to lease option the house to me for $600k and give me a 10yr lease option. How can we make this happen? Does everyone else who is in the trust have to agree? And can she sell me the house at what ever price she wants?

Asked on 5/18/17, 10:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Mauger The Law Office of Robert L. Mauger

You're probably going to have to talk with your own attorney, perhaps someone who practices in California about reviewing the trust document, the title to the property, and the "paper" your mom prepared to help you understand where this is at and determine whether there's a path forward between the trust, your grandmother, you, and the other trust beneficiaries.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/17, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Oregon