Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

Business Fraud

A collison center towed the car from the crash site on our request. They told us the car was totalled. After repeatedly asking for an estimate on the broken berring, which they told us was the problem first, they still have not given that to us. We are now selling the car to Peruzzi Automotive and can't pick it up without paying for their fees, a storage cost, which was never signed for or even discussed. The gentlemen who helped us said it was totalled and your insurance company will come and take care of it. Now after being lied, manipulated, ridiculed, hung up on, no returned phone calls, we want the car out of their. They never gave us the estimate we wanted and insisted on fixing things on the car that we did not want done. We were never made aware of this cost and after being treated unfairly we are seeking help from an outside party.

Asked on 3/12/03, 2:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gerald Hershenson Law Office of Gerald M. Hershenson

Re: Business Fraud

It appears that you were treated unfairly. However, you do owe the towing company some money. The entire matter must be reviewed in detail. If you can not come to an agreement you must file a legal action against them to obtain possession or the value of the car. I suggest you seek the advice of legal counsel. However, the value of automobile may not be worth it. The automobile if totaled does have some savage value. It might be better to allow your insurance company deal with the towing company, if the car is totalled. However, not enough information is available. If I can be of any assitence, please let me know. Gerald Hershenson Esq. 215-579-9390

Read more
Answered on 3/12/03, 3:21 pm
David L. Bargeron Unemployment Help Center

Re: Business Fraud

I recently finished a trial for a client in a very similar situation. In that case, my client was able to obtain compensation for fraud and unfair practice perpetrated by the collision center and the auto insurance company. I would like to know more about your problem. Please contact me at [email protected]

David L. Bargeron

Read more
Answered on 3/15/03, 12:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania