Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Pennsylvania

Hi I need help me and my Partner (gay man) want to get married in our home in Philadelphia Pa but our neighbors are saying that they will have the marriage stopped the one neighbor from across the street is an attorney and said she will do everything possible to stop it and it is against the law. Now my question(s) is what can I fill and where in philadelphia pa can I fill it so I can get married we are not hurting anyone nor are we going to be loud and bothering people we just want to get married we know that in PA gay marriage is not possible but we want something for ourselfs thats all we want even if it means we have to change the law we are will to do so we have supporters behind us 100% so how do we go about filling something so that we may get married

Asked on 10/08/12, 8:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William L. McLaughlin, Jr. McLaughlin Law Offices

Sounds like you just want to have an event and invite guests as far as any neighbor is

concerned. (Like a superbowl party) Just do it. There is nothing that they can do

about it. If you think they will disrupt the party, tell the police you are having an event

and let them know ahead of time what you are planning. I see no reason to bring the

"legality" of your ceremony into the issue. Many religions have all services in the

home. In any case, as far as the law is concerned, you are not getting married

because you do not have a license. So its just a private ceremony. It sounds like

idle threats. Ignore the neighbors.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/12, 4:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania