Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

My son got into trouble and all I know is he is eligible for nominal bail. It was set at $150,000.00, which I understand that I would need 10 percent and a piece of property to put up to assure the courts he ill return. Do I need to have property lein for nominal bail? His name is Thomas Reddinger, he was in Northumberland County Prison until a few months ago that burnt down. Now hey are housing him at SCI Coal Township, need specific instructions on how to get him out. I am preparing to get brain surgery, I have Chiari Malformation of the brain. I would love to see my son before he goes to trial and they take him away for a couple years. Please help me.

Asked on 3/20/15, 12:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

ANDREA G. TILLIS Law Offices of Andrea G. Tillis

Thank you for your question.

If your son's bail was set at $150,000, 10%, then all you need to put up is $15,000. You should not have to offer a lien on any real property that you own if you are putting up $15,000.

Information on specific instructions which you are requesting can only be provided by the Court Order as set forth by the Judge. You can get that information by calling the Office of the Prothonotary, Criminal Division at the Court House.

Kindest regards,


Read more
Answered on 3/20/15, 12:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania