Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Pennsylvania

my husbands work just told tem that they will get a point system for missing work, if they get 8 points they will get fired. my husband had a stoke several years ago and has to go to the dr every month which would equal to 2 points a month. can they fire him for having to go to the dr?

Asked on 10/15/12, 2:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Kotik Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer

It's going to depend on their employee guidelines. If you think that the corporate policy imposed on employees are unfair and as a result he does get fired, I suggest hiring an employment lawyer to help your husband.

Michael Kotik, Esq. Lawyer

Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)

1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220

Philadelphia, PA 19102

(215) 564-1010 (Direct Line)

(267) 265-4553 (Cell Phone)

[email protected] (Email)

Read more
Answered on 10/15/12, 6:15 pm

Domenic Bellisario Law Office of Domenic A. Bellisario

He may have protection under the Family Medical Leave Act which would allow him to have interrmittent leave for treatment of serious health issues. Typically, employers cannot penalize employees who are absent from work to obtain treatment (including certain testing and evaluations) for serious health issues. Feel free to call for a no obligation consultation. (800) 433-9700. Domenic Bellisrio

Read more
Answered on 10/16/12, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Pennsylvania