Legal Question in Elder Law in Pennsylvania

My cousin, Marie, is mentally impaired due to a severe stroke. Her 3 children and their families are now living in her home. They had her sign a Power of Attorney giving them full rights to her money. Now, none of the family is working and they are paying all bills with her money.

The latest cruel act is to advise my cousin's boyfriend that if he comes to the home again, they will have him arrested. I know she would want to see him.

What, if anything can be done?

Asked on 4/24/11, 10:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hillary Snyder Hillary N. Snyder, Esquire

The first thing that I suggest that you do is contact the Allegheny County Area Agency on Agency and report the misconduct. They will send someone out to evaluate the situation.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 412.904.4469 or [email protected].

I do offer free initial consultations.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/11, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania