Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I have been watching my grandaughtrr since may...she. has recently been diagnosed with autism..I have overnight a month of Feb, out of 29 days I had her 21...she is more of a dollar sign to both parents..I have had her since sun..I would like to get guardianship of her..she had been under therapy since may, physical, occupational and speech..all have been st my home without either parent except for 3.. what are my chances ?..I have letters from the therapists in support of this

Asked on 4/05/12, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

To have standing you have to have de facto custody for 6 months. That is for 6 months she would have to live with you to have the right to sue for custody. A guardianship would require the consent of the child's parents. Based on what you've written I doubt that will happen.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.


Read more
Answered on 4/05/12, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania