Legal Question in Insurance Law in Pennsylvania

I was involved in an accident on October 27th, minor damage to the other drivers car. My insurance was lapsed due to nonpayment when the money was not withdrawn from my account, I didn't find this out until 2 days later. The police didn't give out a citation, the only paperwork in aware of was an exchange of information form which lists no fault. The insurance company is claiming $1700 in damages. I agreed to pay the $500 deductible for the other party, but since the damage they claim could not possibly have been caused by my car due to shape and location, I refused to pay the total amount. It has been passed to a debt collection agency, I'm wondering what their options are and what my options should be.

Asked on 3/21/13, 8:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Senker Senker Law Office

If you caused damage, you will be responsible to pay for it. If the other car's company pays for the other guy's damage, that insurance company is permitted to sue you for the damage you caused and that they paid for.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/13, 7:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania