Legal Question in Employment Law in Pennsylvania

I am 30 years old and I'm leaving a union they are telling me I can't have access to my pension or annuity for two years and I also can not work in the same industry Union or non during those two years is this try?

Asked on 10/07/15, 10:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

I would ask the union or shop steward to provide the documentation which indicates this or give you the name of the person in Human Resources where you ask about your pension and annuity. The latter part of your question sounds like a covenant not to compete which restricts certain employees from working in the geographic area or for competitiors of the employer or opening a competing company etc. This would seem to be a document that the employer would have employees sign when they began employment. You can ask Human resources about this as well. I am not sure about the Union having these restrictions about where you work they may just be telling you about the employer restrictions as discussed above. in any event I would advise you consult with an attorney as your information does not seem complete.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/15, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania