Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

Vicarious Liability

Shouldn't my employer be responsible for any ambulance or medical bills that result from having an accident while transporting foster children for them, since the accident occured within the scope of my employment?

Asked on 2/07/07, 12:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Vicarious Liability

THe employers workers compensation should cover you for meds. and any injury. You may need to file a claim petition. If that is necessary, retain an attorney. It can get complicated. My Workers Comp. Department can assist you if you need an attorney

Read more
Answered on 2/07/07, 8:58 am

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

Re: Vicarious Liability

You are entitled to worker's comp benefits if you are injured at work, even if it's 100% your fault. Those benefits are medical bills & lost wages. Your employer is legally obligated to either have worker's comp insurance, or be a "qualified" self insured employer. If worker's comp benefits are not being paid to you, you should consult with an attorney experienced in worker's comp cases. My office handles these cases-feel free to contact me for a free consultation. Good luck!!

Read more
Answered on 2/07/07, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania