Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

probate without lettters

will was propated without letters & all i have is a copy of the deed & reference #.

Will that be enough to sell my fathers house. he passed almost 3yrs ago

Asked on 10/25/07, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hillary Snyder Hillary N. Snyder, Esquire

Re: probate without lettters

If the deed is still in your father's name you will need someone who is authorized to sign the sales agreement and final settlement agreement for the sale of real estate. Additionally, if inheritance tax was not paid when your father passed away, the title search will reveal that and the settlement company will escrow for inheritance tax until they are paid since they are lienable against the property.

If you need assistance, I give free initial consultations. Feel free to contact me.

Hillary N. Snyder, Esq.

Allegheny Attorneys At Law

1330 Old Freeport Road, Suite 3B

Pittsburgh, PA 15238


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 10/25/07, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania