Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania


my mother died in 1991,when we went to the probate office we were told that because my mother had died without a will that my brother and I were to get a fourth of the father would not agree with this and had us sign a paper giving up our rights he said we would grt it when he died.he died last year and left everything to the woman he was living my brother and I have any claim now? thank you

Asked on 10/29/07, 9:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

Re: wills

If your father had a valid will which was probated that did not provide for you and your brother it would most likely be upheld in court. One can contest a will if there is a contention of undue influence over your father. These are difficult cases to prove. There are also statute of limitation issues in contesing a will. You may be barred by this limitation. You should consult with an attorney to see if it is worth the trouble and expense or even possible to contest the will.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/07, 12:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania