Legal Question in Criminal Law in Rhode Island

A friend asked me if she could "borrow" an expensive rug. I was moving and was intending to put it in storage. I agreed not seeing the harm of my rug being in her home rather than a storage facility. That was over a year ago. I now am moving to a permanent address and asked for my rug. I told her I would pay for the rug to be moved. She refused saying she would return MY rug if and when she moved. I was outraged. I have the original sales slip, etc.

What recourse do I have?

Asked on 3/22/13, 11:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Whaley Whaley, Bowie & Bagley LLC

Your best course of action is to speak with an attorney and disclose all of the facts. The value of the rug, both monetary and sentimental, may be important. A lawsuit is possible, though it may not be necessary.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 12:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Rhode Island