Legal Question in Family Law in Rhode Island

my son is divorced and paying child support and day care. his child is entering school in sept. does he still have to pay for day care or can he petition the court to remove the day care portion of his payment? currently he pays 250 for child support and 800 for day care.

Asked on 6/02/17, 7:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lori Norris Law Office of Lori J. Norris

Yes, he can. Depending on how the order is written and how he makes payment, it may be automatic - but unlikely. In addition, he may be responsible for before and after school care.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/17, 7:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Rhode Island