Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

recanting by alleged victim

my husband is currently in jail. his alledged victim now wishes to recant her statement.he reached plea agreement for abhan.sentence was 10 yrs suspended for 5 yrs probation. conviction was in 2003.he has proclaimed his innocence and would not comply with probation.he is currently being held on vop. noone wants to hear his alledged victims withdrawal of her previous statement.what do we do?

Asked on 4/08/08, 5:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: recanting by alleged victim

Contact an attorney that practices criminal appeals. You can try the South Carolina Lawyer Referral Service. This web site will not allow me to post the phone number. They are in Columbia and Directory Assistance can give you the number. Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/08/08, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina