Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

A non-custodial parent repeatedly refuses to honor the details of the court order of custody, arriving late to pick the kids up and returning them late from visitation. What recourse does the custodial parent have? How does she go about getting the court order enforced?

Asked on 8/09/14, 10:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

From the limited information you provided, it sounds as though a contempt action will be your best option.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 8/09/14, 2:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina