Legal Question in Employment Law in South Carolina

employer owes me a weeks pay from October 2011. Numerous phone contacts made with no results. In South Carolina I can get 3 times my pay under certain circumstances. Is it better to file with the SC Dept of Labor and get a ruling or go straight to magistrates court and file. If I file in magistrates court do I have to send employer a certified letter demanding wages first?

Asked on 3/07/14, 5:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Suzanne Hawkins Hawkins Law

You need to file with the Department of Labor. They will handle the case for you, basically.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/14, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in South Carolina