Legal Question in Personal Injury in South Carolina

I was involved in an automobile accident on May 20 of 2010 in which the other party was at fault striking me on the left side of my vehicle. The police accident report states that I did not contribute to the accident in any way. The other party was the sole contributor. I received injuries to my left ankle, elbow, neck,and back. My medical bills are over $25,000.

Is it to late to file a claim for my Injuries? Is there any attorney that you know of that might be willing to take my case since so much time has passed?

Thank you!

Asked on 3/15/13, 12:57 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

No it is not too late but you need to hurry. I suggest that you ask you medical care providers for copies of your bills and medical records. There should be plenty of attorneys in the Myrtle Beach area that would help you out but if you cannot find one send me an email at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/16/13, 6:42 am

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

South Carolina has a Three (3) year Statute of Limitations. The only exception is if the lawsuit is against a government agency, in which it is two years.

I'm happy answering any other questions. The Statute of Limitations can be stopped by an attorney filing the appropriate documents at the court, which can be done very quickly. My office is in your location; Surfside Beach.

You are welcome to call.

Robert J. Johnston, Attorney

Myrtle Beach, SC

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 3/16/13, 12:51 pm
Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

I sent you an answer yesterday. After thinking about it, you can call me today (Sunday). You really should. You stand to lose a lot if immediate action isn't taken. Call me at 843-946-0099. Robert J. Johnston

Read more
Answered on 3/17/13, 9:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in South Carolina