Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

I worked for a trucking company and got an overweight ticket in another state. I gave ticket to the company I was working for and they did not pay it. I was due to renew my $500. My current job is in jeopardy because I do not have my license and CDL is my job. What action can I take to get this resolved?

Asked on 1/08/14, 7:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

No offense, but you have not provided enough information in order to give you a complete, quality answer. It would be helpful to know if you had an agreement with your company (prior), in which they would have been obligated to pay the ticket.

So without all of the necessary information, the best I can tell you is that the ticket was written out for you, not for your company. Correct?

You need to pay the fine before this gets any worse. Take whatever steps necessary to protect your CDL license immediately. You can pursue reimbursement from your prior employer at a later date.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/14, 6:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina