Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Tennessee

Can a defendant request a jury trial in a civil court?

Asked on 5/07/12, 7:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard R. Peppel Peppel, Gomes & MacIntosh, P.C.

Certainly, but only if the case is pending in the Circuit Court of Tennessee for the judicial district in which the defendant resides, the Chancery Court for the Tennessee county where the defendant resides, or the United States Federal District Court for the federal district in which the defendant resides.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/12, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Tennessee