Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee


My fiancee' and I are about to get married. I went to inquire about a marriage license and found out that he is not yet divorced. His wife won't sign the papers. What does he need to do to obtain a divorce decree quickly without her signature?

Asked on 11/07/08, 9:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: Divorce

Without her signature, he will have to seek a divorce for a cause other than irreconcilable differences. If he already has an attorney, he should talk to him/her about the circumstances. Otherwise, I recommend that he seek the counsel of an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/08, 10:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee