Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

Ex-spouse, child support, remarriage

Does my fiance's ex-spouse have any legal right to seek an increase in the amount of child support she receives from him based on my income once our households are combined? If so, are there any protections against this? Thank you.

Asked on 5/20/03, 11:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Sedgley Richard A Sedgley

Re: Ex-spouse, child support, remarriage

The simple answer to your question is NO-. If the child support obligation arises from another state this may not be true. Good Luck- Ric Sedgley

Read more
Answered on 5/21/03, 9:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee