Legal Question in Banking Law in Texas

Hi I had recently checked my bank account and noticed a $1700 deposit in my checking acct. I called the bank and asked them to verify my last 6 dep/trans. they read of the transaction and stated I deposited 1700 in cash. I havent touched the money and its been 3 days already. I know the right thing to do is say I didnt make that deposit but how will the depositer who made the error verify it was deposited in the wrong acct? Doesnt the bank open up that persons acct, verify acct info then deposit?

Asked on 9/22/10, 3:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna

This happens quite often.

Bottom line: The bank will eventually catch the error and you will owe the money back to the bank, you might as well point it out to the bank.

If you believe you have a claim for the $1700, consult with a local lawyer.

Williamson County Divorce Lawyer

Read more
Answered on 10/09/10, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Texas