Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

I was illegally pulled over by police. They pulled me over for merely being a suspicious vehicle; they didn't have any other reason for pulling me over which I believe is in violation of a Terry stop. What evidence can I pull from the Department via an open records request? Can I just go up to them and ask for any evidence regarding this traffic stop at this certain time or what?

Asked on 3/11/14, 5:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

An open records request is made in WRITING. Send a letter. You don't "just go up to them."

Read more
Answered on 3/11/14, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas