Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

I want to sue my ex husband for exposing me to genital warts(hpv). The virus that can cause cervical cancer. I want to sue for pain and suffering and emotional toll that it can cause. He is still spreading the disease around to other woman knowing that he has this disease. I have the proff still of him having the disease and wanted to see if this was a case.

Asked on 2/02/14, 9:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

This is a good cause of action (usually), but you might have trouble getting a lawyer to take it on a contingent fee basis. Does your ex-husband have any assets? Money? Real property? Investments? How would he be able to pay a judgment?

Read more
Answered on 2/04/14, 1:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas