Legal Question in Technology Law in Texas

I was recently charged with harrassment via text message, The scenario is as follows, About 4 years ago I got with my boyfriend, i discovered he was texting random girls from personals and using our cell account i paid for. Looking at the call details I asked what a number was and he said call it. I called her and told her please stop she replied,"if she wanted to she would text all day." I asked her to stop repeatedly, Eventually the matter escalated where both of us said things we shouldnt have. She threatened me with a firearm and I said why? Its just a guy, Im asking you to stop. Word were heated but I dismissed it, and got new phones. She told him she filed charges on me, but then claimed to haved dismissed them. Two years later I am arrested at my home and charged with telephone harassment. She deleted all her texts and reported mine. My lawyer pushed me to take the charge, I work in call centers and am looking to move up and this is hurting my advancements. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 7/14/12, 2:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Plead "not guilty," and fight it. Demand a jury trial.

I assume that you didn't give a statement to the cops or make a confession.

How can the idiot cops prove who sent messages from your phone?

Why would a jury care about something that happened two years ago?

Read more
Answered on 7/14/12, 4:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Texas