Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Texas

I work for the State of Texas. I drive my own car and am reimbursed 50 cents per mile only. My boss is wanting to get a rental van which I have to pay for the gas out of my pocket and it take up to 1.5 months to get back from the State. I only bring home $1500 per month I could not do this and still work there. What legally can I do if anything?

Asked on 3/18/11, 5:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Just say NO.

Suggest to your boss that he give you a credit card that is to be used only for gasoline for the van. Tell him you can't afford to extend credit to the State of Texas, and that in any case, its credit rating isn't high enough to be approved.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/11, 5:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Texas