Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I paid the rent for my daughter and her ex-husband from February 2009 to February 2010. He always "promised" to pay me back, but of course he never did. I would like to try to get his portion of the rent back, which is near $5000. I do have canceled checks. Do you think it would be feasible to pursue this in small claims court?

Asked on 12/10/10, 8:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

If you can prove that the rent payments were loans and not gifts, then yes. Also, if you're suing them, you need to be sure that they have money to pay a judgment, or you've just wasted your time.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/10, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas