Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I'm being sued by a creditor what are my options? I live in the state of TX. I get unemployment and child support but I have a house that I'm buying and 1 car I'm paying on and one that is paid off, what do I need to do?

Asked on 12/17/13, 6:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Williamson Charles J. Williamson, Attorney At Law

Would need to know a lot more about your situation before advising. However, one thing you might want to consider is getting all your money out of your accounts and keeping it in another named account - a friend? Might also want to put the car into a friend's name. What I'm thinking of here is how to head off a potential bank levy or garnishment - very popular ways to snatch peoples' money in Texas.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas