Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I am being sued by my previous state of residence for not paying back my university for an incident that happened on campus. I am disabled and unable to work all I receive is money from Social Security I have no cash no savings and live hand to mouth. Is there anything I can do to get this dropped or something because I really don't know what to do I have no assets no money and truly scared. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Asked on 8/15/13, 9:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Greg Wiley Law Office of Greg Wiley PLLC

You could file a bankruptcy or you could attempt to fight the action in court. In the lawsuit, your ability to pay is not a factor on a determination of liability. If you file bankruptcy, you need counsel. Some actions are dischargeable and some are not. Since I do not know the details, I cannot make a guess.

Best of Luck

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 6:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas