Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

can a inmate that is sentenced 30 years come up for parole for serving half his time?

Asked on 12/25/10, 1:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Walcutt Law Office of Paul Holt Walcutt

Yes. State law provides that the earliest some inmates can come up for review for parole/early release is after completing half of their sentence. However, simply because someone is eligible to have a parole hearing does not mean that they necessarily have a good chance of getting released.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/10, 11:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas