Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Met two women at a club, went home with them. We were all drinking. One agreed to come to my house. The other stayed at home. before leaving her house she asked me to come back by. I took the one women to my house got her settled and went back to the other's house. We had sex. later in the day when they talked, they stated what happened and accused me of rape. I could hear some of the conversation from the other room, and the woman was bragging to her friend how good the sex was. Then as they talked the woman who was at my house discovered it was me that her friend had slept with. This obviously caused a problem. I can only assumed that the woman I slept with was intoxicated enough that she didnt realize they interested in the same guy. I took the woman to meet her friend at the gas station and thats when everything went south. After a heated discussion an a threat to call the police.. we parted ways and I later contacted one of them and asked if I can pay her to make this go away because I didnt need the drama or trouble. I offered $500. she said she wanted twice the amount. I told her I didnt have it, so she agreed to take what I could give. I ended up giving her $600 in money orders (I kept the money order stubs). I dropped the money of at her house, and we parted ways. I feel like I was set up, but the offense seems convincing.

If someone accuses a person of rape, threatens to turn them in to the police and then takes money from the person being accused can they still claim that it was rape?

Asked on 11/27/11, 4:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You are a victim of extortion, and this woman is a criminal. You should file criminal charges against her.

And you should never, never pay a ransom (or hush money).

Yes, she may claim that you raped her, but that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/11, 5:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas