Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

What does a person do when an officer of the law trespasses and breaks the law?

I live in Abilene, TX, and am aware there is a complaint process available. I also am fully aware from conferring with more than one attorney in this town, that will only open the door for a steady flow of continued, non-stop harassment from the entire police force. And, have been told no attorney in the local area will take a case against the APD, out of fear of retribution.

Asked on 11/22/11, 1:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

So you have been told what to do - you are choosing not to do so.

If the officer continues to do this, set up surveillance cameras to record the activity. If the officer's action leads to a discussion with you, record the conversation.

Otherwise, you've been given the right advice.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/11, 9:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas