Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

my wife shot me with a red ryder bb gun and now is facing deadly conduct charge what to do and i dont want to persue charges and the officer made me fill out affidavit

Asked on 10/06/11, 10:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You can advise law enforcement that you do not wish for your wife to be prosecuted but chances are that they will present the case to the DA's office who will, very likely, file charges (several options can be considered including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, deadly conduct, or Class A assault - family violence - bodily injury.

Your wife should go ahead and start looking for a lawyer and contact a bondsman about making a nonarrest bond in the event charges are filed.

If charges are filed, the prosecutor will contact you to discuss the situation. Again you can advise that you do not wish to pursue the case and want it dismissed. Depending on your county, that may or may not happen. (It would not be dismissed in Harris County.)

Read more
Answered on 10/06/11, 10:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas