Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I have a class a misdemeanor for possesion of a prohibited weapon and was placed on deferred ajudication, can i file motion for non disclosure?

Asked on 10/05/11, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

As long as you do not pick up a new case after you complete the deferred, you are eligible to be considered 2 years after you complete the deferred. (Eligible does not necessarily mean that it will be granted; it is discretionary with the court.) Given the nature of the charge, you should hire a lawyer to file the petition.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/11, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas