Legal Question in DUI Law in Texas

My ex and I have joint custody however, I have the right to designate their residency. My question is this:

If I want to move to another county and the decree states that I am to remain in Galveston, TX county and contigious counties, what does this exactly mean?


Asked on 3/15/10, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Think of the word "contiguous" as meaning "touching." Look at a Texas map sometime and see which counties "touch" Galveston county with their borders.

The contiguous counties appear to be Chambers, Jefferson, Harris, and Brazoria Counties.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/10, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Texas