Legal Question in Education Law in Texas

Hi. My kid is currently enrolled in a preschool. I paid the registration fee in advance for the fall 2012, till Dec2012. The amount that i paid is $1200 for registration. Also, I registered him for summer camp (month of may) in the same school that is $520. Now my employer is relocating me to a different state, end of april. I have asked the school to see if they would refund the fee, but they denied it. What options do i have? Please help.

Asked on 4/09/12, 9:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Read your contract; it probably has a "no refund" provision. In other words, you may noe be entitled to a refund.

Write a nice letter to the school (don't use a telephone - don't sent an email - write a PAPER letter) asking them for a refund, or at least a partial refund. Tell them that you had to move away due to circumstances beyond your control. Give them contact information for you - address, phone number, email. At the bottom of the letter put "cc: Dallas Morning News."

Read more
Answered on 4/09/12, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Texas