Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child abandotment

my son has not had any contact with his father in two years. and it doesnt look like he ever will what can i do to keep his father out of his life....

Asked on 3/06/08, 10:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arthur Bashor Arthur N. (Art) Bashor, Attorney at Law

Re: child abandotment

Maybe don't change a thing...

You can file to terminate the father's parental rights, but that might just stir things up and have the reverse impact.

If the biological father has no interest in being a parent, he may agree to termination. It would then be possible to have a step-father adopt the child if there is a step-dad in the child's life.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/08, 3:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas