Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

If your court appointed lawyer tricked you in signing paperwork you did not understand what can you do

Asked on 9/09/19, 4:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley KoonsFuller PC

First, call the attorney and ask for an explanation. If you still don't agree, ask the attorney to file a motion for new trial. If the attorney will not file a motion for new trial, file it yourself. If the case was in IV-D (Attorney General) Court, you might be able to just file a notice of appeal of AJ ruling. However, deadlines are tight and unforgiving--you need to get after it ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/19, 4:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas