Legal Question in Family Law in Texas


My mother is considering sending my fourteen year old sister to live with me, she is in California and I am in Texas. Are there custody laws that will create problems for me enrolling her in school? What will my rights be as far as guardianship? Will my mother have to sign anything giving me custody or guardianship if so where can I find these documnets

Asked on 3/18/02, 10:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul T. Hebda, Ph.D., J.D. The Hebda Law Firm

Re: Custody

I suggest that you contact an attorney in your area to discuss this matter. There are documents that can be filed to avoid potential problems and to give you the necessary authority to deal with various aspects of your sister's needs.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/02, 9:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas