Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Ex-husband's 401K in divorce settlement

In my 1996 divorce, I was awarded half of my husband's 401K which was valued at around $45,000 at the time. My attorney did not inform me or mention anything about a Qualified Domestic Relations Order which I have since found out is necessary to get my half of the 401K. What needs to be done at this point to get that transferred into my name? What are my chances of getting any of this 11 years later? Is there anything I can do to assist in the process?

Asked on 2/02/08, 5:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: Ex-husband's 401K in divorce settlement

Get a certified copy of the decree, and evidence of the 401K, then hire a lawyer to prepare and submit the QDRO.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/08, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas