Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Can a family law attorney have me put in jail for unpaid attorney fees on a childsuport case?

Asked on 2/27/20, 11:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley KoonsFuller PC

Yes. If the attorney's fees were awarded in a suit where you were found in contempt for failing to pay child support or medical support, then those fees are enforceable in the same manner as child support. Other than that, an award of attorney's fees is general just another unsecured debt.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/20, 1:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas