Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

How do i file for a divorce from spouse that is in jail. We have no children and he is agreeing to the divorce. The state is Texas.

Asked on 3/08/17, 4:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

you would file your horse petition and send a copy of it to him in prison, along with a waiver. He would sign the waiver and send it back; you would file that with the Court. After 60 days, you will draft a decree, get your husband to sign the decree as agreeing to it, and then go to Court and have a final hearing.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/17, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas