Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My husband as a 16 month old son whom he pays child support for. The problem is the mother will not let him spend time or see the child only on her terms. And he has court ordered visitation rights that she does not follow. So what does he do visit his child when she says and where or take her to court?

Asked on 2/07/10, 5:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

Hire an attorney and file a motion to enforce the terms of the court order.

Make sure he continues to pay child support and does not violate the terms of the decree himself.

Another option is to file a civil suit against her under the family code for interfering with court ordered visitation.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/10, 3:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas