Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

If sepated, can parents take children out of state?

Asked on 6/05/13, 7:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

The State of Texas does not recognize legal separation.

So either parent has fully rights to the children.

I would strongly urge you to immediately talk to a family law attorney.

Look on this website and on and consult with a family law attorney. Many offer a free consultation. Most offer payment plans. If you are fighting over the children then you need to file for a divorce with temporary orders. The temporary orders will get you in front of a judge who will put some temporary orders in place while the divorce is pending regarding the property and the children to eliminate this fighting.

Good luck,

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas